Sunday, May 5, 2013

Name plaque (big statement piece for under $10)


I have been eyeing "graffiti" letter photos at a annual craft sale for years.  I love the character that each photo has, and the uniqueness of the combination of each word.  However $5 a letter adds up quickly.  So a year ago I found that flickr.com has a plethora of photos for each letter of the alphabet.  I spent hours looking at all of the possibilities.  Once I made my final decisions I printed them through shutterfly. 
Next came the presentation.  I found black $1 frames at the dollar store.  I bought one for each letter.  I cut down a 1x8 board to the right length, painted it black, sanded it down for a rustic look, and glued on the frames with the photos in them.  I LOVE THE FINAL RESULT!!!  Now I have to finish the rest of his room.


No comments:

Post a Comment